No time for words, the outdoors are calling me. And so is this drink.
It all started Fourth of July when I carried a watermelon…
(where my dirty dancing fans at?)
This sucker weighed 50 pounds, which I was not prepared for.
And that is not an exaggeration. I wonder if that’s how much Jennifer Grey’s melons weighed?
So I’ve had a lot of watermelon since then. Today I juiced most of what was left and made up a batch of these yummers! It’s an excellent drink to have on a hot summer day when you’re out in the sun. Watermelon is very hydrating, as it’s mostly all water (over 90%) and it offers some natural sun protection (but please don’t skimp on the sunscreen!!)… as well as many other health benefits.
These blended drinks are a cinch to make and are extremely healthy, naturally sweetened only by the melon itself, and very, very refreshing.
WATERMELON CUCUMBER MINT SLUSHIES
In a blender, add the following…
- 4 cups watermelon chunks, seeds removed (or 4 cups fresh watermelon puree/juice)
- 1/2 standard cucumber, skin peeled, cut into chunks
- juice of 1 large and juicy lime
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 8 count pour of vodka (can also sub other spirit of choice – gin, tequila or light rum would be excellent choices… OR make it virgin! It’s really yummy as is too!)
- (optional- squeeze of agave nectar/honey if you like a sweet drink. This ends up being a little less sweet than watermelon is naturally because of the added cucumber and lime, but I enjoy the sweet-tartness of it!)
Blend until completely smooth.
Freeze until frosty.
OR put in one of those insulated slushy cups (like this one here on Amazon) for a quicker drink 😉
Sip, slurp, sun.